Whether you are researching if it is time for a new family member or just trying to brush up on dog lifestyle tips, here are 10 tips to make your dog happy and healthy!
Ten Tips to Make your Dog’s Life Happy & Healthy by Pam Flowers
- Provide adequate shelter
- Supply clean, dry bedding
- Provide clean, fresh water
- Feed a high-quality pet food
- Maintain proper body weight
- Exercise your dog regularly
- Play with your dog daily
- Take your dog to the vet at least once a year
- Keep your dog under control at all times
- Give your dog a purpose
A Happy Dog is A Tired Dog
You can easily tell if your dog is getting the right amount of exercise by noting what the dog does when you are finished. If the dog falls over and sleeps for the rest of the day, you probably overdid it. If she runs up to you with her favorite ball and wants to play fetch, well maybe you should throw the ball until she uses up some more energy. If she wants to rest and take a short nap, you’ve found the right amount of exercise for your dog.