We all love celebrating Independence Day, especially with our furry friends!
With cookouts, fireworks, and an extra day off, we get to spend quality time with those we love. Show your pup some love by celebrating in some special ways with them!
1. Make frozen dog treats!
2. Dress them up in a bandana, hat or t-shirt!
3. Paint their nails!
4. Take them to a nursing home or assisted living center.
Many people don’t have family around them on July 4th and this is a great way to bring joy to someone’s life! Hospitals are great places for dog therapy as well.
5. Take them to a dog friendly 4th celebration.
6. Plan a play date for your dog and perhaps other humans, too!
7. Go swimming with your dog or set up the sprinkler.
8. Play games!! Frisbee, fetch, nose work games, and teaching them a new trick are all fun activities!
9. Be safe!
Many dogs are afraid of fireworks, and for good reason. With sensitive hearing, the fireworks are LOUD and sudden noises are scary to most dogs. Make sure you have taken precautions to protect and comfort your dog while fireworks are going on.