The 2023 PEDIGREE Foundation grant application cycle opens on March 3 and closes on April 7. Below are some frequently asked questions to assist with the application process.
When will grants be awarded?
The application review process for Program Development and DOGS RULE.™ grants takes a few months, including audits of shelters/rescues recommended for grants. We expect to announce these grants over the summer and checks will follow quickly after the announcement.
Disaster Relief grants are available year-round as emergencies arise.
Are some programs prioritized for grants?
Yes. In 2023, PEDIGREE Foundation will be funding grants in the following priority areas that support increased adoption rates:
- Transport programs that support sending or receiving organizations in moving dogs from areas of overpopulation to areas where they’re more likely to be adopted.
- Foster programs that move dogs temporarily into loving homes while they await adoption, with foster parents to care and advocate for them.
- Behavior programs that help with socialization, training and stress relief so dogs can move beyond behaviors that might hinder their adoption into loving, forever families.
Do your grants support medical needs?
We will not be funding requests for medical supplies or veterinary care related expenses. This includes spay and neuter programs, treatments or vaccines, or medical equipment. Instead, please submit those types of requests to Banfield Foundation or VCA Charities.
Do your grants support capital programs or campaigns?
PEDIGREE Foundation grants, including DOGS RULE.™ grants, are not available to support capital campaigns. However, for 2023 Program Development grants, we will consider capital programs that are directly related to initiatives in these three categories: transport, foster and behavior.
I have questions. Who should I contact?
We’ll be hosting a grant application webinar on Friday, March 3 at 1 PM CT to discuss the 2023 grant cycle and share tips. Please join us to get all the info you need to write a successful grant submission, including:
- Process and key dates
- Changes for 2023
- Guidelines for applicants
- Opportunity to ask questions
If you have additional questions, please email Foundation Grants Manager Meg Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am not a shelter or rescue but am interested in supporting the Foundation during the grants cycle. How can I help?
If you know of a shelter or rescue in your community who could benefit from grant support, please share this information with them and invite them to apply. You can also make a donation to help us give out even more grants.