This grant program is for non-profit animal welfare organizations in Canada whose communities suffer the impact of a natural or other disaster as declared by a Canadian provincial government or the Canadian federal government, such as widespread wildfires. You may request up to $5,000 CAD in funding.
Grants will also be considered for organizations that have not been directly impacted by a disaster but are helping another impacted Canadian organization in need such as the rescue and/or intake of animals.
To qualify for Canada Disaster Relief funding or emergency care funding you must meet these guidelines:
- Non-profit organizations in Canada with an animal welfare mission or a direct relationship with a Canadian animal welfare organization that is leading the disaster relief effort where you are providing intake, medical care and placement for these dogs.
- Have been directly affected by a recent disaster or emergency situation as declared by the provincial or federal government and/or are assisting in an affected area.
Canada Disaster and Emergency Care Relief Grant funding can be used for:
- Medical supplies and veterinary care treatment for pets
- Pet food, pet supplies, including crates, etc.
- Temporary shelter or boarding costs for rescued or at-risk pets
- Other immediately needed materials including cleaning supplies, tarps, bedding, blankets, etc. to keep pets safe and comfortable
- Transportation costs to rescue or relocate pets
- Other expenses related to providing temporary shelter for rescued pets including overtime salaries, rental equipment or facilities, cleanup costs, etc.
- Clean up/rebuild efforts for an impacted shelter during a natural disaster